Notice the nice new background photo! The wing kit arrived!
I finally got the elevators closed up and (nearly) finished. I managed to get the dimples into the inspection plate. I put a screw in the nut plate and slowly tightened it. It created a sufficient dimple for the trim motor plate. I had some problems with the trim tab electrical harness. I didn’t have the right crimper for the Molex connectors, so I’m skipping until I do (and until I can replace the pin I mangled!).
Bending the leading edges went really well this time. I used some lengths of PVC pipe and Gorilla tape. I got a good bend and it clecoed pretty easily.
I pulled the pop rivets in no time!
If you look carefully, the instructions tell you (in bold print) that
“The two holes are closer to the top edge of the E-614 Counterweight.”
I did not look carefully. I ordered some new counterweights and Molex pins to replace!
I’m going to re-rivet the trailing edge for the right elevator. The heads are sitting too proud and I don’t think they will hold as well as they need to. I had to order some replacement 3-4 rivets as I only have about 20 left. Meanwhile, I’m declaring the elevators done for now (just in time for the wing kit to arrive on Monday!) I cut some brackets that I screwed into the wall. Added enough space for a carpet liner. They hold the elevators nicely in place.
The wing kit came early on Monday the week before Thanksgiving. I have some Piper Arrow lessons set up for this weekend and then we’re traveling to visit my in-laws for Thanksgiving. It will be a couple weeks before I can even do inventory! Sigh!
Meanwhile, I still have to construct the rear fuselage.
At least I know what I’m getting for Christmas!